Questions and electrical advice in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) - Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public). Chat with other electricians about Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV Systems. This area of the forum is public, if you want the out-of-public area that's access only, then you need to apply for access and prove you're in the trade. For obvious reasons!!.

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
Does anyone know what the law says on deliberately disabling smoke alarms? I went back to a house I worked on earller this year. The owner has...
Replies
Views
mark_the_spark
M
L
over the last weekend I added a few smoke heads to a office. I will be submitting a modification certificate but will I also need to supply a log...
Replies
Views
S
Hi Anybody know where i can find some information on installing fire/security alarms and aerials? also can anybody recommend a good...
Replies
Views
dragon-av
D
T
Hi Guys New to the forum. I was wondering if there is anything special I need to do to remove a ADP Alarm system someone has asked me to remove...
Replies
Views
B
B
It's me;) Hi all,another silly question from the forum pest:D.I've been looking at them & just wondered if fitting fire rated...
Replies
Views
Spudnik
S
L
I need to add smokes to the system, at the mo its a type m. just want to make sure i dont buy the wrong ones. thanks.
Replies
Views
mark7600
M
C
Hi, Anyone know if when fitting a fire alarm with panel (Grade B Cat LU3) if you have to fit the Break Glass Call Points or can you have the alarm...
Replies
Views
Cerb NI
C
F
hi, my nan had a burglar alarm installed about two years back and every 6 mounths or so it comes up with lock out. Is their anyway of finding the...
Replies
Views
cfsfire
C
T
I have a job at a flat that needs a new handset for the intercom system, it has door release, The old handset was damaged and taken off the wall...
Replies
Views
T
G
Evening chaps, Just wondering where peeps are buying their CCTV gear from these days. I usually use the Challenger kit from CEF, but they're...
Replies
Views
hunterczt
H
H
does anyone know what the minimum requirements for smoke/heat alarms are in a domestic situation under the part p requirements
Replies
Views
M
hi all, just pricing up a downlight job that i really want/need to win. havent done any downlights for a while and just want to clarify that when...
Replies
Views
Staffie
S
L
Can anyone tell me if you can get a better looking mains smoke alarm (not so bulky) I am doing a rewire and standard alarms will not look right in...
Replies
Views
W
I'm looking for a piece of kit that would auto dial a telephone number (or several numbers) in the event of mains power failure. Any ideas where I...
Replies
Views
B
M
Hi need some help. I have been asked to install interlinked smoke alarms on two floors plus a loft conversion.They require 3 alarms on each...
Replies
Views
maharg
M
G
Hi. Client asking me to price for a various items, and on the list are a pair of mains co2/smoke alarms... They seem to be a bit thin on the...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all, Looking for some help and guidance on what kit and how best to install a house alarm. Checked some of the earler threads and there...
Replies
Views
Dannyg83
D
i have just been speaking to a guy with a b&b who needs to have a fire alarm system installed to meet LD2 regs can anyone offer advice about...
Replies
Views
cfsfire
C
D
Hello all. I have recently registered with the NICEIC and have been asked to price some emergency lighting and fire alarms in some hmo's. I am...
Replies
Views
cfsfire
C
hello there i've just wired a 4 zone two wire fire alarn system for a very big house in the country. all was well and we were going to use...
Replies
Views
A
Can any of you guys and gurls shed some light on good alarm systems, getting a bit mind boggled looking at various wired wireless system etc??!!
Replies
Views
andyd55
A
E
Hi Just wanted to know a bit more on fire proofing when you are installing. what are you fire proofing and under what circumstances are you...
Replies
Views
electro
E
W
My Mothers house alarm keeps randomly going off, sometimes in the early hours of the night, and on the panel it always shows Tamper lit up...
Replies
Views
Y
Hi all. Have just installed an alarm, but am umin and ar'ing about whether to put the 6A MCB on the unprotected side of the board. Its on the...
Replies
Views
musicmaster050
M
L
guys, a little advice if you please, got a small extension to wire, it will be a single storey dining room (extension of existing kitchen) all...
Replies
Views
desertbootz
D
Y
Hi all, started wiring an alarm today. its my first hardwired one, usually use the easy wirefree jobbies. Anyway is there common way that the...
Replies
Views
YTSOxford
Y
F
Hi Guys ,friends house was rewired 3 yrs ago.........contractor installed 3 x mains powered smoke detectors with battery back up smoke detectors...
Replies
Views
W
got alarm pir in conservatorie which is south facing and as you can guess gets warm when the sun gets up.went into city electrics told them of my...
Replies
Views
bahco
B
hello all im just trying to price a job for a fire alarm company needs to be done for monday.the fire alarm is a loop system 285 points grade 2...
Replies
Views
K
Hi guys Im quite new and this is my first post :). I wondering if you could help me on an addressable fire alarm? Ive got a new install on...
Replies
Views
kevinreilly
K
B
right guys need a bit of advice off you need to install 2x smokes 1x heat to a house that is rented out, landlord hasnt mentined a cert but...
Replies
Views
I havent long lived in my current house and my upstair's bulb blew this morning and tripped the mcd for the upstairs lights which set my alarm off...
Replies
Views
B
Ive just fitted a split cu,both sides on rcd's. My thought was,is there any way of diverting the alarm breaker off the rcd,as if it trips,the...
Replies
Views
pushrod
P
M
hi all 1st off let me say i've only been a member for a couple of months, but this is a great forum, and has already proved invaluable! :D...
Replies
Views
martincawte
M
T
Tittle says it really, dont laugh! Ive spoke to the customer but no nothing more, the customer knows nothing about the alarm either.. (apart...
Replies
Views
T
C
hey all!! would a smoke alarm circuit be vunerable or give out false readings on the live insulation resistance test? or is it worth me just...
Replies
Views
S
hi all, just been to look at a security alarm thats stopped working. make is "citadel xr2" installed 10 years ago mains is ok, no fuses...
Replies
Views
jimes
J
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back