Questions and electrical advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum - All questions relating to Photovoltaic & Solar Panels in this forum, including feed-in tariffs, inverters, panels, calculations, schematics, installation, maintenance & fault finding. Solar panels forum. Solar forum. Solar talk. A photovoltaic system, also solar PV power system, or PV system, is a power system designed to supply usable solar power by means of photovoltaics..

Some popular forums: Electrical Forum - Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations - Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification - Electrician Jobs

Search the forum,
L
Do the goverment offer grants for installs in the UK like in Australia. Most of the installs on domestic here are 1.5 kw I have done some 6kw...
Replies
Views
poheZ
P
R
Hello, Need some help. Where can we buy MCS Meters for a Solar Pv System. Thanks for your help. Ricci
Replies
Views
poheZ
P
L
Videos in test lab for ac breakers ac switches and a cut on the back of a panel. Google Docs Do you use string protection, DC mcbs for roof...
Replies
Views
leesparks
L
P
Just wondered what mounting systems people recommend? I dont want one where i have to drill a tile, i have used one where you slide the tile up...
Replies
Views
Adam W
A
B
i would like to ask you all what training if is required for installaing solar photovaltic panels i have never done the installations before and...
Replies
Views
poheZ
P
I was in a well know ORANGE wholesaler today and the area business manager was in there. Knowing him quite well he asked if I'd seen the 100%...
Replies
Views
G59
Hi Guys After posting a tread on DNO's and dealing with them I read with interest a follow up post stating G59 "Qualifications" and the amount...
Replies
Views
Dno
I have a question this time! I have had to make application to the DNO for the allowance of a 8Kw PV system. I may as well talked to my 5 year...
Replies
Views
Arcsys
A
A
Hi, Just done first PV install and hit a problem - can anyone assist? Hager Type C 16 amp MCB is tripping out. From CU to AC isolator...
Replies
Views
Arcsys
A
H
Hi, I have got a farmer who has just brought a fancy new chicken house. He has put this too far from the farm to run a cable to it. He...
Replies
Views
hopkins85
H
D
HI folks, I have a bit of a problem that it’d like some opinions on. I have a small wind turbine installed that the DNO will not allow on their...
Replies
Views
D
evening all i no this is all new to the game but has any one had any experience with a consolar 601 system am installing one next week and...
Replies
Views
daniel hill
D
D
Replies
Views
Spudnik
S
Has anyone wired up one/some of these before: Roof solar panels ? Thanks, Sy
Replies
Views
D
Been asked by a client to carry out a full rewire on a bungalow. The rub? - To make provision for a secondary supply, via solar panels, invertor...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
N/A
I
Hi There, Can anyone recommend any solar or battery powered PIR security/flooodlights? I need to illuminate the end of my garden which is...
Replies
Views
I
M
Hi... We want toe design a boat which is chargeable with a solar panel. The allowed rating is 12volts. We want to use a solar engine which...
Replies
Views
hotXbun
H
J
Solar Power is a growing industry that is benefitting from a lot of government funding. We all need to know more about how to ride this wave. I...
Replies
Views
musicmaster050
M
Hi. I need a solar setup for an 8'x4' sign. I'm thinking in lines of 2, or possibly three of these for light source. LED Flood Light (160 LED's)...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, I hope you can help me as I know nothing about electronics and really need some help as I work in a customer service department for a huge...
Replies
Views
B
Hi, I'm hoping to get some information on solar power wiring systems. The solar panel's are supplied my the plumber and i'm hoping to find out the...
Replies
Views
B
Post a New Thread / Question

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back