Currently reading:
New Zealand 16th edition consumer unit & lack of 30m RCD

Discuss 16th edition consumer unit & lack of 30m RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mike66

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys

After some opinions.

Looked at a consumer unit today installed cu in 2008 under the 16th edition ie split load CU usual configuration cooker, immersion & lights on non RCD & shower & sockets on 30mA RCD side. The reason for the replacement cu in 2008 was to update the existing system

The customer recently had an electrical test & inspection carried out by the firm who installed the cu in 2008.

This cu was replaced just prior to the dual RCD requirement.

On their test they picked up that some of the circuits have no 30mA RCD ie circuits 1-5 on the non RCD side & have coded this as a code 2.

As you can imagine the customer is spitting teeth that a CU fitted in 2008 is now deemed to be potentially dangerous

Any thoughts?

The customer told me the lad who tested it was only 17, not too sure about that though, it was an NICEIC approved company nothing wrong with that I am too, but surely no one would send out a 17 year old kid to carry out testing, unless he went on a 5week course LOL.

This company does a lot of social housing & I think they are making a living out of changing these CU's

Hi Guys

After some opinions.

Looked at a consumer unit today installed cu in 2008 under the 16th edition ie split load CU usual configuration cooker, immersion & lights on non RCD & shower & sockets on 30mA RCD side. The reason for the replacement cu in 2008 was to update the existing system

The customer recently had an electrical test & inspection carried out by the firm who installed the cu in 2008.

This cu was replaced just prior to the dual RCD requirement.

On their test they picked up that some of the circuits have no 30mA RCD ie circuits 1-5 on the non RCD side & have coded this as a code 2.

As you can imagine the customer is spitting teeth that a CU fitted in 2008 is now deemed to be potentially dangerous

Any thoughts?
yet more chimpish behaviour from monkeys...
tell em to bog off....theres nowt wrong with it..
as has been said so many many times before in here..its a 3....

The customer told me the lad who tested it was only 17, not too sure about that though, it was an NICEIC approved company nothing wrong with that I am too, but surely no one would send out a 17 year old kid to carry out testing, unless he went on a 5week course LOL.

This company does a lot of social housing & I think they are making a living out of changing these CU's
eh?...lolffs...lol...lol...

They changed the cu in 2008 so they should have checked & it should have complied at the time

If done properly the the EICR should state if the supp bonds done. If so then the bathroom circuits are only a C3.
if the supp bonds not done they havnet done the job correct in the first place and she should have some recall.
she should still have the original test cert for CU change.
Tell her to go back to them and put it right

Reply to 16th edition consumer unit & lack of 30m RCD in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock