Discuss Eng tech/IET registration in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello

Ive been working for over 20years, done design course and fully qualified.

Looking into the professional registration with the Engtech from the IET, just wondering if anyone else has done it and what opportunities it resulted in?

I'm currently a QS for a small firm and heavily involved in design and quoting for them. I am competent in controls and process controls.

Just asking if its worth going down this road and if anyone can give tips and help?

https://www.------.org/career/profe...gineering-technician-engtech-for-electricians

TL;DR
ieng tech registration worth it?
Do you meet the entry requirements and have you found a supporter?

Hello

I meet the entry requirements but I have not found a supporter. I am just starting to look into this route so would be looking to see how the process works, and what benefits it brings. I am looking to see others who have gone down this path and their thoughts on it.

Thank you

I have it but was gained 20+ years ago and whether it has benefited me I'm not sure but it won't do you any harm. I was looking to advance to IEng but as yet not pursued it and probably too late in my career.

I needed two all that time ago one was a colleague the other an old college tutor I had kept in contact with.

Reply to Eng tech/IET registration in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net