10mm single earth | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 10mm single earth in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

keniff

-
Reaction score
Has anyone got any idea whether bonding cables can be buried direct in screed? Iv been putting my mains cables in conduit on the floors but wondered whether to just zip tie it to an existing run of conduit i have going in the right direction, can't find anything in my books on this

Yeah everything is changing all the time in this trade I've been doing it a few years and find it hard to keep up! I have a nice network of conduit going on now as had no choice but to run all downstairs sockets in the floor! Ever seen a underground map of the London tube station lol!

Has anyone got any idea whether bonding cables can be buried direct in screed? Iv been putting my mains cables in conduit on the floors but wondered whether to just zip tie it to an existing run of conduit i have going in the right direction, can't find anything in my books on this

Can you clarify which earth cable you are talking about please? Do you mean the 10mm to extraneous conductive parts?

Yeah everything is changing all the time in this trade I've been doing it a few years and find it hard to keep up! I have a nice network of conduit going on now as had no choice but to run all downstairs sockets in the floor! Ever seen a underground map of the London tube station lol!

Because virtually every house, villa and apartments are all concrete frame and base with block infill in Cyprus (and i guess many other countries too) this is the normal way of wiring these domestic structures, but it goes for everything not just the socket outlets. So it can be a bit of a maze of conduiting on the concrete slabs, before the screed goes down... lol!!

I don't think i've ever seen a T&E wired house etc over there, in fact can't say i've seen too much of T&E used, except for surface work!! What i will say is, they still use the old style soft metal buckle clips which make the installation look far better than with the modern plastic clips...lol!!

Reply to 10mm single earth in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net