15A 3 Phase RCD supply... What MCB / RCD options are there? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 15A 3 Phase RCD supply... What MCB / RCD options are there? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dom.

-
Reaction score
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
A friend has a house in France. He's on a 9kW tariff, and after the meter there's a three phase 15A 650mA RCD.

Specifically the RCD is marked "650ma", and "manufactured 1967". On the sealed side the RCD is adjustable from 5A to 30A (IIRC) in 5A increments. The sealed side (top) also covers the four terminals from the meter. The unsealed side (bottom) has the four terminals for a CU.

The DNO fuses are in a sealed enclosure. It is not possible to determine their rating.

Currently everything is wire into the RCD, so if it trips, everything goes... darkness, and silence descends.

It would be easier, and safer to have each circuit on it's own breaker, but the options appear to be limited to C10.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance for all your clever ideas!
[ElectriciansForums.net] 15A 3 Phase RCD supply... What MCB / RCD options are there?

The Disjoncture Differential which you refer to as the RCD (big black box at bottom of picture) belongs to EDF, and there should be a seal on the top part of it, the bottom part is for the connection of tails to your CU. Depending on the size of the property, (habitable square meterage) regualates the number of RCD's you have to put into the CU. Minimum requirement is two One type AC and one type A for a property upto 50sqm for properties over 100sqm it is 4, three type AC and one type A.

Sorry to say but from what you have said it would appear that you are unaware of French electrical installations and as such should leave well alone, they are very different in many ways from those in the UK.

If you send me a PM I will assist in any way I can to answer your questions.

Kind regards
Victor

Reply to 15A 3 Phase RCD supply... What MCB / RCD options are there? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net