16A MCB or 20A MCB ? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 16A MCB or 20A MCB ? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KDT Projects

Can anyone tell me why the latest 17th edition 10 way consumer units have all but 20A MCB's? They seem to have a couple of 16A MCB's but for a radial 20A is more desirable.
Im confused. Its a great package but whats the 16A breakers for? And why no 20A breakers?

I think it's just that electricians are still preferring ring mains. So any radial circuits are simply for individual loads like immersion that are not likely to overload the 13amp fuse, hence only the 16Amp in selection.

its a bit daft though my client has a garage radial and a conservatory radial and their central heating is wired off the ring. is it ok to wire the radials with the 16A breakers? or is that more expense to get some 20 ampers ?

they wont as they are a low cost profit machine!! for 52+ Vat i can have a wicked 17th 12 way box with any 8 breakers!! beats screwfix and toolstation hands down!! and thats made by MEM Eaton!!

Yea i use 3 wholesalers and i only buy Hager, no reason just personal preference, and they cost me about £75 fully loaded i just reel off what breakers i want and i get a carryer bag with what i have requested. mind you because i always use Hager i have 3 din rails in the van loaded with enough Hager breakers to load out about 15 boards

i have 3 din rails in the van loaded with enough Hager breakers to load out about 15 boards

SNAP!!! full of MEM for me!! got a few ABB RCBOs as they were going spare at work!

for some reason i cant get bloody Hager for a good price near me!

yeah can not disagree with that one! only ever fitted 1 Hager box...! i did like it very much but now im digging the MEM box at present...!

im also flogging them on EBAY for 84.99 inc postage with 8 MCB!

hahahaha!!! thats business side of work so i would get very unhappy!! after i laughed my ---- off when you purchase all 20 of them and dont pay me!

Reply to 16A MCB or 20A MCB ? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net