17th Edition Courses for Dyslexic's | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 17th Edition Courses for Dyslexic's in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bohoangels

Has anyone out there with Dyslexia done the 17th Edition course and passed it... any tips?
Cheers

First thing to do is get in touch with the college student union rep or head of year and tell them of your disability. They are obliged by law to give you extra assistance, this may include a teachers assistant sitting with you in the exam and reading out the words that you don't understand but they can't help you with the answers. Good luck and well done for pushing yourself against your dyslexia.

Upvote 0
Actually for the 17th, whilst everyone gets 2 hours to do 60 questions, any body which a disability such as yours gets 3 hours and a reader, although the reader shouldn't be electrically trained!

I've supervised an exam where one guy passed Ok. Did another where somebody didn't give advance warning, he didn't pass!

Upvote 0
Extra time and help to read and write questions and answers should apply to any exam GCSE's, A-Levels, or 2391. Talk to the place where the test is being sat in order to make arrangements.
A/C

Upvote 0
Hi,

We have just released a free online 17th Edition Exam Simulator which you may find useful practise for your exam. At least if you have had a couple of attempts using a replica simulator you might find it a little easier doing the real thing.

See: 17th Edition Online Exam Simulator

About the problem with dyslexia, you will definitely be allowed more time for the exam - see your training provider.

Thanks.

Jake

Upvote 0
I have dyslexia and have just completed my 2330 levels 2 and 3, also did my EAL "Part P" today as well, no problems whatsoever... just have to study harder than others perhaps? I read the manuals given to me by OLCI as well as buying several books... seeing it written in differant ways helps me retain it.

Dyslexia is not a single type of condition though... mine is a short term/working memory type, which means I have a reading age of about 11 due to my inability to read a whole sentance or paragraph without having to read it several times to get the meaning; therefore very slow reader. This is also a problem when people give me instructions too... by the time they get to the end, I have forgotten the first bit, or more :( It took four attempts to get 'O' Level English, five attempts to get Maths etc.

Good luck though, you can do it if you are determined enough :)

Upvote 0

Reply to 17th Edition Courses for Dyslexic's in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net