17th edition Question ????? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 17th edition Question ????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkydan86

Hi guys,

Been doing revision for my 17th edition amendment 1, come across this Q, but dont how to work it out....

Q. A fault current due to an earth fault of negligible impedance in a 400v, three phase four wire circuit having an earth loop impedance of 0.3 ohms is?

a. 1383 A
b. 767 A
c. 124.5 A
d. 72 A

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
just another case of the meddling, unelected bureau rats in brussels interfering in UK affairs. we beat napoleon and hitler. why do we bow down to these johnny foreigners now?

I understand that we sort of went from 240 to 230 with some magic dust but it makes a laugh of doing volt drop calcs and upsizing the cable when what you really need is a decent resistor to get the volts down. They are even selling products like "V-phase" i think that drop you down to 220 if you want it so your light bulbs last more than a week.....
I now admit to installing an undersized SWA cable to a summerhouse, well it did not meet the volt drop calcs but guess what i loaded the cable up with a couple of heaters and yes it still would not go below 230v and i was drawing 20amps on a 2.5sqmm cable, its all a load of **olocks - BTW, just had a quick look and the wine in front of me was made in Australia .. HA

Reply to 17th edition Question ????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Hi Seems that this is an out dated question and the above would have been correct in the 17th edition. Thanks for the reply
Replies
Views
  • Question
He is after the four options for 1 and 2 of the multiple choice exam, probably optimistic someone will know this. Your question 3 in incomplete to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
much more information required. Is the supply to the first building a DNO supply or a sub main cable from another building ? if it is a sub main...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah I doubt it's normally an issue. Split load boards and SWA incomers are likely the only trouble.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Unfortunately we do not give exam question answers directly, please post what you think the answer might be and we can nudge you in the right...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks