2 Generation Meters? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2 Generation Meters? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

metro.solar

Hi All,

First post on the forum.

I am wondering where we stand when we install a PV system on 2 seperate roof elevations, with 2 seperate inverters, but 2 meters? Can we register 2 meters with the MCS and with energy suppliers?

Thanks in advance

I would run a 6mm or 4mm ac cable run depending on distance from each inverter both back to the meter at mains position and connect together in the meter, then from the meter to the isolator then to the 16 amp mcb in the c.unit. Still only 1 meter.

When you register the job with mcs there is only one box in which to type the serial number of the meter, So Im not sure Sorry!
I dont see any reason why you would want to use 2 meters really, unless you want to see if one array is generating more than the other,
in which case if you use 2 SMA inverters, the displays would tell you.

Reply to 2 Generation Meters? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CJ3VC79/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I use this, current clamps go round each outgoing...
Replies
Views
N
  • Article
Looking for a smart water meter I live in Azerbaijan and am looking to revamp the water system in my house. The first thing is that I don't have a...
Replies
Views
naylorpd
N
  • Question
thanks, will try that in a few weeks when we're next out in our van
Replies
Views
  • Question
Issue is certain sizes of cable may theoretically be okay but upon the proper testing when it’s commissioned things like a thing may not test out...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Interesting what you say, I have allowed with my system for the change to be half hour out, so start charging at 0:30 and stop at 7:30 but night...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks