2 rows, 3 rails! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2 rows, 3 rails! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sambotc

Spotted this on my travels today, spoke to the bloke who owns the house about it although being a rent a roof he wasn't panicking to much. On the left you can see it's only a single row, so the panels are on the 1 half of the rails and the clamps are obviously hanging off the ends as well.

You should be able to just make it out, bye bye warranty I reckon.

[ElectriciansForums.net] 2 rows, 3 rails!

Coincidently, I saw a house with 3 rails on the top row on wednesday, didn't seem to be for any reason in particular and they hadn't clamp the panel down 3 times, just added a third rail in the middle, maybe it was the same firm and so were a rail short!

It's funny what you see out and about, panels that must run out of level by about a foot, mis aligned and all sorts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, wasn't the best picture to be fair, but couldn't get a good angle on it and I took the photo before stopping to chat to the bloke who was working on his car. Nice bloke and I tried to go about mentioning without making it look like I was after remedial work.

Reply to 2 rows, 3 rails! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Solved
Therein lies the problem. I see no merit in further circular debate, so will bow out of this discussion.
2 3
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
I think without actually seeing the evidence of your concerns it is very dificult to make any kind of judgement, I and a few others have mentioned...
Replies
Views
Hi, My probe was on the outgoing neutral of the RCBO. I will be testing again this week so I will play around, many thanks for your reply.
Replies
Views
It is defintely nice to be nice and you sound like a Gent. But if you charge £15/hr I reckon you won’t stay in business long. It’s nice to be the...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Email sent jason121, thanks.
Replies
Views
SpitfireW'sale
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks