220V 3 Phase? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 220V 3 Phase? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been asked to return to a premises which I tested and did remedial work on months ago. On our first visit there was a socket and flex trailing over the floor from a 3 phase DB (connected straight in *can't remember how* with ordinary flex trailing over a workshop floor (used by forklifts etc.)- which we just disconnected as we were told it wasn't used for anything.

Apparantly the staff have discovered that it is used for a specific piece of machinery once in a while. The plate on the machine specifies 220V 50-60 Hz 3~ input. Another label specifies "INPUT 220V". Inside the casing the transformer has a label which states 220-360V (primary) and br/bl/gr conductors lead up to the plug which is mounted integral to the lid.

-But I am confused as to how to wire this up or connect it. Apparantly it was working before when the trailing flex with a 3P & E (BUT SINGLE PHASE RATED / BLUE) socket was wired *somehow* straight into the consumer unit (no fixings anywhere or even a compression gland).

The plug/socket arrangement on the lid fo the appliance is rated at single phase voltage, and is blue, 3P &E, the corresponding wall socket and plug (gewiss) wasn't in any catalogues in two local wholsalers but can apparantly be ordered from them directly- apparantly they aren't a standard widespread item

Was this equipment working from the flex with socket on the end before? If so and I order the plug / socket arrangement is this right to do so? The blue ones are not rated at 400V (confused) any help appreciated [ElectriciansForums.net] 220V 3 Phase?[ElectriciansForums.net] 220V 3 Phase?[ElectriciansForums.net] 220V 3 Phase?[ElectriciansForums.net] 220V 3 Phase?

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] 220V 3 Phase?
    IMAG0196.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 66
If you were in the US this would all make perfect sense!

220 / 3 is 110v 1ph, and that's a delta plug.

Good luck.

Reply to 220V 3 Phase? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back