230 Volts vs 240 Volts for a power drill? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 230 Volts vs 240 Volts for a power drill? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sid71

Hi

Might seem a stupid question this (you can tell I'm not an electrician) but I've been looking at corded power drills and some are shown as being 230v models whilst others are 240V which I believe is the standard here in the UK.

I know on the continent some places operate at 230V...so for example, if I buy a 240V drill here could I use it somewhere that has 230V as the standard (if I changed the plug).

Thanks

Sid

230 & 240 rated tools are the same. 230v is nominal voltage so nowadays manufacturers just put that on the tool. Some still use 240v as a rating. If it has a 13a plug top on it you will be ok to use it at home.

Reply to 230 Volts vs 240 Volts for a power drill? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
How?
Replies
Views
  • Question
yes its safe put trust into $1 adapter
Replies
Views
  • Question
For any normal purpose a dedicated 230V indicator light is better in every way, though here the OP wanted to experiment. Doing so with a 24V AC...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi OnlQQker, Thanks for the information and the videos. I'll give them all a look, but the only problem I have is that my shop will be operating...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm new here, so, please, be gentle... Decided to add some extra features to my old and simple barn's electric system to make it safer and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks