2357 with able skills - unit 305 help | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2357 with able skills - unit 305 help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys,

im doing my 2357 with ableskills and really enjoying the course.

im just about to do my unit 305 starting thursday, but alot of the questions are really ambigous and boring, completing risk assessments and methods statements, selecting lighting, ect. same stuff really as previous.

has any one who has completed this unit 305 got any copies of the long winded time consuming stuff like the risk assessments that could send me to help save my time. im not learning anything be doing these again as i alread done about 10 so far.

thanks

I assume that 305 is the fault finding module of the 2357?
No harm in doing a risk assessment for every job. It helps you think about the job in hand and you are less likely to forget the safety aspects.
It used to be a measure of common sense that you were able to do the job safely, nowadays, common sense is in short supply so we have to rely on risk assessments instead.

hi,

the 305 is all about risk assessment and method statements of how to use power tools, hazards substances, marking out.

then creating a catolgue of conduit fittings.

all really really time consuming stuff and if done 10 risk assessment for similair things over past few weeks i dont see what another 4 will learn me!

again with the catolgue, its going to take me like a day maybe 2 to put it together, which is just going to be a load of copying and pasting. so thats not going to learn me anything

nowadays, common sense is in short supply so we have to rely on risk assessments instead.

a true assessment. never used to have accidents (well, rarely) before all this nonsense came out.

I must admit I think I would go bonkers if I wanted to learn the skills of an electrician and I was taught how to fill in Risk assessments in the learning resources facility all day.
Having said that, there's a lot of paperwork in this industry, from quotes/estimates/pricing/calculations/EICs/EICRs/invoices/accounts/VAT/letters of various types. such as small claims court proceedings etc.....

Of course the easy part is the metalwork, cabling, wiring and terminations; the harder part is the amount of record keeping required for various sources.

Reply to 2357 with able skills - unit 305 help in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net