2394/5 Exam | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 2394/5 Exam in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

biggee6295

got my 2394/5 assessments and written exams in august. Was wondering if anyone could help me with learning material. I am reading GN3 as much as possible and have purchased IET exam success, as instructed by course provider. Apparently this gives guidance on technical wording and answer structure.

Was just wondering if anyone has any other thoughts on the route to go. Can't really afford to muck them up as payrise is hinging on pass success

Do you think that "go buy a book" is an adequate level of learning support from your course provider ? I would be asking for more exam technique and terminology guidance during sessions.

The approaches you are taking are correct at the moment, however you should get some good guidance from your course.

If you search on the city and guilds website for the course number then under the additional documents tab there are the chief examiners reports, these tell you where the majority failures of understanding occur and can therefore direct your learning to ensure that you understand these areas.

The exam success book gives good techniques on answering the questions effectively, planning your time, answering according to the number of marks and quicker methods of answering.
But the key thing is to understand the information in GN3 and remember to use the correct terminology as used in the book (though even GN3 is not totally consistent!).

Amberleaf has posted a large quantity of useful information related to these exams and it may be useful to you to have a read through that as well.

Reply to 2394/5 Exam in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net