3 Core and Earth plus a FCU help!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 Core and Earth plus a FCU help!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DIYBlues

Hi Guys

I need to add a 3A FCU to 3 core and earth cable for a timed extraction fan (prior to the TP switch), how is this achieved with only L N and E connections on the FCU?

Regards
DIYBlues

pick up the supply to the light and add it there it then protects the whole lighting circuit for that area including the fan this will be done before the switch so its feed in and out to the FCU feed then run a 1.5 out to the light and wire as you would with a normal light and fan configuration

Thanks guys

I've already installed all the cabling back to the airing cupboard for both the TP and FCU, I read on another forum to install 2 x FCU's in line one connecting L, N and E and the next SL, N and E, what do you think of this method?

Here is diagram of my current cabling set up.

[ElectriciansForums.net] 3 Core and Earth plus a FCU help!!

Thanks guys

I've already installed all the cabling back to the airing cupboard for both the TP and FCU, I read on another forum to install 2 x FCU's in line one connecting L, N and E and the next SL, N and E, what do you think of this method?

Here is diagram of my current cabling set up.

View attachment 12862

Nice one so the easiest way to do it would be to put an FCU between the dist board and the lights on the feed if you do that the whole section would be covered by the one fuse , you could even put the fcu nest to the dist board and lable it up ,another way to do it would be use a grid with 2 fuses

Last edited by a moderator:
For me I would place FCU's where the red rings are, can't be bothered with gucci programmes to do this stuff:

[ElectriciansForums.net] 3 Core and Earth plus a FCU help!!

Just splits the circuits down a little.

On the main bathroom side, single line to FCU then split to fan and switch.

Many ways to do it but with out knowing how accessible your wiring is it's next to impossible to say.

Reply to 3 Core and Earth plus a FCU help!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net