3 P db full of water!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 P db full of water!! in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

just a call out i had regarding a 3 phase db full of water!! photos are after i killed power to the shop (littlewoods clearout store) and mopped it up...! :)

going back next week to remedial work to the wall behind and holes that the water travelled down in from!!

Tell us more, like what was the source of the water?? Were all the breakers saturated in or by the water?? If so, you may want to consider changing all of them, residue from the drying water can be conductive, thereby rendering the tripping function(s) inoperative. Or possibly at the very least, will corrode any spring mechanisms...

Most interior DB panels have very low IP values, and will be almost impossible to protect against any further water accidents. So i take it your talking about sealing holes and crevices that are present in the back wall these panels are mounted on??

A few years ago I got called to a GE System4 distribution panel. It was under 2’ of water and still live!

Steam coming from the bus-bars as the water boiled between the bars. But still LIVE! It took a bit of cleaning up but nothing had to be replaced. All the lower switches were fused, not a one blew. It was like entering a sauna when I went in to the room!

PS I was wearing Wellingtons and insulated gloves J a bit silly really as all external metal work is earthed.

Reply to 3 P db full of water!! in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net