3 phase 240v | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 phase 240v in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wembley

Hi,

I have a small factory with 3 phase coming into it.

Upstairs I would like to add one more socket to supply a new computer. There are already 4 sockets up there supplying other computers. Is it just a matter of turning of the circuit and extending the ring main?

Thanks for your time

yes and no is the answer. easiest option is to just extend as you say, but current regs regarding IT equipment is that the cpc's be wired to separate terminals on the sockets and separate terminals in the board. this is all to do with high leakage currents on IT equipment, and is a belt and braces approach in case a cpc fails e.g snaps off at a termination

In a sense yes but due to computers been used on this circuit if you make any alteration to it you will have to ensure it complies with regulation regarding earthing for sockets supplying computers which may involve replacing all existing sockets, you need to get a qualified electrician in to access what is needed here.

Reply to 3 phase 240v in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When I was on the electric board We had a pair of pillocks connect a housing estate to a very large genset, the n lead was in two parts and not...
Replies
Views
Has the cover been removed, is it TP bussbar? I fitted one as @oscar21 linked to a few months ago, it was actually a nice board and with the TP...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Interesting item you have there. This blog might be worth a read https://sllipblog.wordpress.com/2014/04/29/its-now-00-28am-and-i-need-my-bed/...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm assuming the cable will have to be cleated well to hold it in place anyway, as a stuffing gland ain't going to hold it tight like a SWA gland...
Replies
Views
  • Question
<= This The RCD looks at any current imbalance between the cables routed though it, if N is not used then no current so it matters not from a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks