3 Phase advice needed | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 Phase advice needed in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Steve Maciver

I will be wiring an old building that is being converted to six self contained flats, (three floors, two flats per floor.) These are served by a common stairway.

I propose to use a 3 phase supply, running 1 phase to each floor, each serving two flats. The landlord wants service sockets and lighting for the stairway on a separate circuit.

There will be seven meters in the cellar, one per flat and one for the stairway circuits.

I seem to recall that there are rules about different phases in close proximity to each other, i.e. a stairway 13a socket on one phase and a flats ring main on the other side of a wall on a different phase.

Is it possible to do this safely and what are the rules concerned? :confused:

HELP!!!

dont stress
sockets in a flat and sockets on the stairs can be on different phases

for that matter sockets in the same area can be on different phases the answer to this is lables
415v between sockets etc
so in your case its not a problem as its unlikley that anyone will access both sockets at the same time

so in your case its not a problem as its unlikley that anyone will access both sockets at the same time

What a kind landlord. Sockets in the public area. I can just see extension cables from them to run the heating in the flats. :D

Reply to 3 Phase advice needed in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'd think carefully before removing the stored hot water facility. The tide is turning on the hot water storage versus instant hot water heating...
Replies
Views
As per above from Dave. Swap to a 63A outlet and problem goes away. What gets plugged into it is not part of an inspection.
Replies
Views
Just stick the 63amp fused connector before the Henley block , or Lucy block as you call it, and your all good, as for your 2nd point, , the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
For all the difference it makes, it seems it was still in 14th edition and the final edition was in 1976. Computers did exist but they took up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok Dave thanks, no more accidents yet 🙏😂….
    • Informative
    • Winner
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks