3 phase converter | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 phase converter in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

mackos

-
Reaction score
Hi guys I've been given a 3 phase converter to fix made by Motorun Phase Converters Teddington whom I can't seem to get in touch with.I've fixed the initial fault which was taking out the RCD because neutral & earth had been wired together on the outlet plug.This converter seems to be a hybrid not static or rotary as far as I can make out it has banks of caps & a transformer with 3 taps off the windings 415v 430v 440v.The 5 output wires which are ferralled are no1 415v tap from transformer,no2 live in,no3 from caps,no4 neutral in & no5 earth.The problem is the output voltages which are as follows L1-L2 420v. L1-L3 595v. L1-L4 177v. L2-L3 174v. L2-L4 244v. L3-L4 418v.What I am unsure about is the 4 wire output I know I need no 4(neutral) for single phase switching or electronics & I have a phase between no2 & no4 but what about the feed from the caps(no3) & the tap off the windings(no1).Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Mack.

Reply to 3 phase converter in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, We have a limited in house PAT testing requirement and were advised that the TIS700 fitted our needs. The unit works fine for 110V and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Never hurts to have a mechanic with a car lift owe you a favour!! well done for finding the fault.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok Dave thanks, no more accidents yet 🙏😂….
    • Informative
    • Winner
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal. Generally an MCB feeding an RCCB is going to be the most realistic option here.
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the replies!
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks