3 Phase DB c/w rcbo's | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 Phase DB c/w rcbo's in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gooner35

Just installing some MEM 24way 3ph metalclad DB's and having bit of trouble with rcbo's.
One board has 25 rcbo's along with around 25 mcb's, it's almost done but was wondering if anyone has come across a decent board with room to fit rcbo's a bit easier. Does anyone do a DB with a busbar that eliminates the need for the neutral flylead ?
Also what does that little earth wire do on an rcbo ?

Some manufacturer's RCBO's have straight neutral flyleads, eg. ABB, which makes dressing in a lot neater.

The white flylead is a functional earth. In other words for the the functional earth leakage test (user operated test button) to work.

nightmare! they dont exist my friend :(

MEM boards are the slimmest so you have even less room if you use those..

my tip...

if you use a Merlin Gerin board.....they make a 2 module wide RCBO ( no taller than mcb but twice as wide ) this picks up the neutal in the busbar with a 'neutral kit' ( very easy to use ..it just clips in ) and eliminates the need for those stupid fat mem flyleads!

we are always expected to cram in too many cables into one DB...fit an additional board if you have too

Seems a very expensive job this mate with 25 rcbo,s in 1x board, also if its got 25 rcbo,s in its only a 24way board, is that 8x triple pole ways or 72 single pole ways ?

nightmare! they dont exist my friend :(

MEM boards are the slimmest so you have even less room if you use those..

my tip...

if you use a Merlin Gerin board.....they make a 2 module wide RCBO ( no taller than mcb but twice as wide ) this picks up the neutal in the busbar with a 'neutral kit' ( very easy to use ..it just clips in ) and eliminates the need for those stupid fat mem flyleads!

we are always expected to cram in too many cables into one DB...fit an additional board if you have too

As you say Merlin Gerin RCBO's with neutral kit are the way to go but a bit pricey.

Square D dist boards aren't bad except for the curly neutrals but you have plenty of room each side.

Reply to 3 Phase DB c/w rcbo's in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net