3 phase mains isolator and spreader box | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 phase mains isolator and spreader box in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mishmash

Hi guys

Am new to this forum and this is my first post!:eek:

Have done some industrial work before but never on the scale of the job I'm about to start.

I need to install 2 new 100amp distribution boards in a unit, both are about 20 meters away from the 3 phase supply and current distribution board. I'm intending to feed the boards with 25mm 4 core swa and run separate cpc. Each of the new boards will also have a 100amp switch fuse due to the long cable run.

My problem is identifying the kit I need at the supply. I've been trawling the web for some sort of 400amp switchfuse from which I can then run 3 sets of tails out to the 3 distribution boards.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Any help much appreciated.

Hi guys

Am new to this forum and this is my first post!:eek:

Have done some industrial work before but never on the scale of the job I'm about to start.

I need to install 2 new 100amp distribution boards in a unit, both are about 20 meters away from the 3 phase supply and current distribution board. I'm intending to feed the boards with 25mm 4 core swa and run separate cpc. Each of the new boards will also have a 100amp switch fuse due to the long cable run.

My problem is identifying the kit I need at the supply. I've been trawling the web for some sort of 400amp switchfuse from which I can then run 3 sets of tails out to the 3 distribution boards.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Any help much appreciated.

What I would do is use a busbar chamber with a switch fuse for each of the distrbution boards

What I would do is use a busbar chamber with a switch fuse for each of the distrbution boards

Thanks Ian. After a bit more research I was thinking that installing a switch disconnector then a busbar chamber. From there run out to the switch fuses local to the db's.

Unless I've misunderstood , the OP is planning to run 1 or more 25mm swa's from a switchfuse with 400amp or similar fuse's?

If you are going to go the route of a main switch/busbar, then, unless I'm missing a trick, the individual swfuses for each board must be connected directly to the busbar, not on the other end of the SWA.

Much better to use a small MCCB panel, such as a SquareD, or Merlin.

Can vouch for the Square d MCCB board. I put about 20 in last year (some 400A rated some 600A) and they are very nice to work on. the plus side also is the cost of the mccb as opposed to the switch fuse. Im currently getting between 42% - 47% discount on Square d distribution equipment and they are very willing so give that to most people. A 25kA 3pole 100A SQD MCCB is roughly £100.

I have a catalogue in PDF if you want a look. PM with email address and ill send it over:)

Sorry for the late thanks!! This job is huge and the customer keeps bringing the deadline forward.

In the end I got in touch with Contactum, told them I had a 200A supply and needed to run 3 separate DB's from it.

they made me up a 4 way panel board (great big thing!!) with a 200A main Incomer and 125A outgoers for each of the 3 DB's.

It was delivered to the site 3 days after ordering with a total cost of about £740 (inc vat).

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Reply to 3 phase mains isolator and spreader box in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net