3 phase sockets radial circuit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 phase sockets radial circuit in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparky147

I need to install 4x 3 phase sockets and as i havent got much room on the consumer unit, i was wondering if its possible to install all 4 sockets on a radial circuit with a 32amp MCB using 4mm cable running no more than 15 meters. The 4 machines that are going to be plugged in are 2x 6amp and 2x 8amp, also each socket will be protected by its own RCD. The reason im asking is all 3 phase sockets i have come a cross have there own MCB, but as the machines that are going to be plugged in are low amps i was wondering if it was possible, many thanks.​

Sorry just looked at the post and other posts, some say its ok and some say its not i was thinking it would be ok as i know whats beeing plugged in the 3 phase sockets

It's sounds feasible, your not pulling that much.

What are the machines, could you run in to problems if one takes out the MCB?

2x heat sealing machines and 2 x mixing machines, i work for the company im installing the 3 phase sockets for so if there is ever a problem im there to sort it out, just worried its agenst regulations as i do every thing by the book, what i could do is split it into 2 circuits, using a different board but my company wants to save as much money as possible.

Exra protection plus alot of people who work at the company i work for dont treat the equipment with any respect what so ever. Also its in a area where water is being used as i said before no respect for the equipment.

What would be the consequences of a single machine taking out the whole supply in financial lost material and lost production terms, this will give you a better idea of your route, if it is significant then it would be in breach of the regs.
There is one...

Reply to 3 phase sockets radial circuit in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net