3 phase switch | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 phase switch in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Q

quinny53

I am trying to fit two 13a single phase sockets and was wondering is it possible to connect into a 3 phase switch I have which is not used near where I need the sockets rather than running a loop back to the board and installing a new circuit.

Fuse Board --> 3 phase switch (in board) --> 3 phase on/off style switch --> 2.5mm T+E (Live connected into brown phase) / Neutral into blue ---> Socket 1 ----> Socket 2 ---> Loop Back

There is currently and will never be any other load on the 3 phase circuit. Is this allowed?

Generally its a no no as its not good to leave open phases, also there is no way if individually protecting the single phase circuits as the 3 phase switch is fed from a 3 phase mcb. what you could do is remove two of the phases in the board end (and on the switch end). Run the remaining phase into a single phase mcb and then hook off to your sockets........

Is that allowed because the loop would only from from the single phase in the switch. Or could you wire like this

1p mcb ----> brown phase wire ----> switch ----> twin + earth ---> socket 1 ---> twin+earth ----> socket 2 ----> twin n earth back to switch ----> black phase wire ----> back to 1p mcb in fuse board and sleave the black phase wire brown.

sorry if i didnt make myself that clear, I was trying to describe what Quinny53 was saying above. Go with it that way, just dont hook off one phase and leave the whole lot running from a 3 phase mcb

Reply to 3 phase switch in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When I was on the electric board We had a pair of pillocks connect a housing estate to a very large genset, the n lead was in two parts and not...
Replies
Views
Given that a lot of EV's only charge from one phase when connected to a 3 phase chargepoint does the customer really need a 3 phase chargepoint...
Replies
Views
Just stick the 63amp fused connector before the Henley block , or Lucy block as you call it, and your all good, as for your 2nd point, , the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Why not fit a self contained SPD fed directly from the Henley blocks, and free up a bay? Could probably make one up from whats there, using a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This UK company seem to sell parts for them so it might be worth contacting them after that you could try the manufacturers La Rocca | Máquinas de...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks