3 pole minature circuit breakers | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 pole minature circuit breakers in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

controlman

Can someone remind me
Is a type 2 breaker = to a type B
Can't find my file
Many Thanks

Lenny
That would possibly explain the problem- are the starting characteristics similar eg Type B, 3 times, C, 7to 10 times
Been to look at an old control panel. 3 of the type 2 rated 25amp breakers were defective (very unusual!)
Been informed a "sparky" was holding then in whilst starting the motors.
My line of attack- obtain Flc of motors- check cables and sizes- and rate and size breakers for type C (motor rated with infrequent starts- if many starts type D)

A type D breaker should not be fitted with a motor, only fit a type C. The overloadand contactor fitted on the motor should only do 6 starts an hour, if more starts are reqired fit an inverter. more expensive but its the right way

Why do Merlin Gerin and every other manufacturer give a table in their catalogues for motor starters
showing the recommended MCB IN TYPE H, TYPE C & TYPE D
eg
4kW 5.5HP 3 phase c 20amp d 16amp
Are you saying the manufacturers are wrong or do you have a reason. Is it to do with the let through energy, in that case you have to size the contactors to suit.Or
Is it the type of co-ordination (where things are allowed to be damaged to a certain degree ) under a fault condion.
The parts then have to be replaced

Reply to 3 pole minature circuit breakers in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
A 2 pole breaker will have a bar between the 2 breakers and the slim line breakers that you are referring to are just 2-15 or 20 amp single pole...
Replies
Views
Noted. Thank you. Out of phase summation being the answer to the question.
Replies
Views
Given the apparent lack of earth, combined with no short circuit or over current protection, I'd contend that luck has been the sole factor...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
I used to dislike Chint domestic circuit breakers, always thought they felt a bit cheap and nasty but that said I never heard of any particular...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
He hasn't provided any certificates, including previous work. He sends invoices when he needs paying.but no vat registration number etc on...
  • Nessab16
  • Ireland
Replies
Views
Nessab16
N

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks