3 pole or 4 pole (3P+N) switch | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 3 pole or 4 pole (3P+N) switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kkckkc

Hello All

I have a three phase supply coming in plus Neutral plus Earth. I'd like to wire two switches. Is there any reason I'd need to switch the Neutral (by using a 4 pole switch)? Or can I just use a 3 pole switch and let the N and E wires flow through continuous?

Thanks for any advice, kkc.

Reply to 3 pole or 4 pole (3P+N) switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Noted. Thank you. Out of phase summation being the answer to the question.
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
In my first sparking era (late 90's) I was always told to run a neutral to the isolator, as the chances are whoever is using the machine will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Firstly I would suggest that of the three sets of cables, they are not all 'incoming'. There might be one cable (of 3 wires) bringing in permanent...
Replies
Views
  • Question
In the past have seen a resistor,(100k or 100? ohm)connected between one phase and N on a 4 pole rcd so that the test button will work as normal...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably a bit late for the OP, but there's a very easy option if a manual solution is OK. Rotary cam switches are just the ticket - but not the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks