305 on the 2365 electrical cause | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 305 on the 2365 electrical cause in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi I am at present doing question 2 b on the 305 design project on the swimming pool. I don't know whether I need to calculate the number of lights needed for each room or just identify which luminaries I have chosen for each room. I don't know whether I am looking to much into this. Has anyone previously done this question
I take it you mean Q2a? as 2b is about socket outlets etc. It does state that the selection does not need to take into account the suitable levels of illumination or any outdoor lighting. Hope this helps

Upvote 0
I take it you mean Q2a? as 2b is about socket outlets etc. It does state that the selection does not need to take into account the suitable levels of illumination or any outdoor lighting. Hope this helps
It's all about specing out the hotel with accessories but also knowing what amount of protection needed to supply those circuits and showing the distribution boards supplying those circuits. For instance, the hotel rooms you can basically copy the layout of any Travelodge room as they tend to have an electric radiator powered from a switched fused spur just past the end of the desk, in the bathroom they have a heated towel rail also powered from a switched fused spur, 2 double socket outlets that power the TV and kettle and leave the room occupant 2 free socket outlets for whatever use. You will find that above the doorway inside every room is a consumer unit supplying all of these accessories and and the lighting (which may include an extractor fan in the bathroom)

NB: it seems like the assessors want us to show that we are familiar with typical hotel room layouts and can reproduce them on the A3 plans that you get given for the project. Then it's just a matter of creating lots of paperwork showing what distribution boards power what equipment with which type of protection. To keep it simple I called my distribution boards DB1 etc. on the plans then stated their location in the hotel, Floor 1 Room 1 etc. I think I used Excel to produce all paperwork as I kept having to add or delete extra columns and rows in Word and it got on my ----. ?

Upvote 0

Reply to 305 on the 2365 electrical cause in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net