4.5 Module Width MCBs | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 4.5 Module Width MCBs in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bobbert

Anybody ever dealt with 4.5 module width MCBs? ... I'm looking at a job that requires a 3pole 80A MCB!
Have sourced 80A MCBs but they're 4.5modules wide rather than the usual 3 wide.
I've only dealt with MCBs upto 63A up until now so my question is what sort of board do these fit into and where can I find one?

Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys!

Dorman and smith do MCCB boards which also take MCBs, not many makes on the market do that, you could buy a Dorman board and fit a 80 MCCB in there no problem, as for the protek, well you may have to buy a enclosure and a main switch and make your own board, I expect theres an answer on googling that make, but I just can't be bothered right now, worth a try though if you have some time to browse.

Looking at Protek's website, they're listing these things as MCBs.
There's no reference to MCCBs but they obviously are given the fact that they have 60947 printed in the front of them si I'm guessing they're incomers for their boards but just like the product, their website is less than quality. lol.

So peeps, I'm faced with a problem....

I have 3 phase supply where I need to feed loads as follows ....
80A 3phase to a submain. 63A single phase to another submain and then 20A single phase to another submain.
I only have a 100A per phase supply to play with but taking into account diversity and phase loading I can get away with this.

I guessing that using standard type A board is out of the question given the 80A load for the first submain.
I'm looking for a board that will allow me to fit 100A incomer with 100ma type S RCD and then distribute as above.

I'm trying to keep costs as low as possible so really would like to avoid bigger MCCB boards if at all possible.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Yes the new eaton 3 boards can come with allowances for these larger mcb's /mccbs. I was working on one last week that was 8 regular ways and then 2 of these larger ways at the bottom.

Reply to 4.5 Module Width MCBs in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net