#4 of my 5 a week...and not a rant this time! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss #4 of my 5 a week...and not a rant this time! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Back to the Men's Shed today to complete the installation of the 4 LED battens in the attic.
These were a joy to fit, having screwed the units to the supports yesterday and run the cables.
I pre-wired them, leaving decent Tails, because their location is tricky and overhead, so wiring them at ground level seemed the best way.

What could possibly go wrong?
I mounted a nice big Wago box on the central pillar from which the lights "fan" out. Brought the feed and 4 tails into that, using 5-way 221s. These lights are controlled by a Quinetic switch and receiver which were already in place, so all that was needed was a P/L feed to the one batten that has emergency module.
Switched on and...
well, it just worked fine, and so much better light than the aged fluorescent tubes that were there before.

Thus, thankfully, a simple job and no rant needed!

The units themselves are sturdy but not heavy, and I drilled different fixing holes due to the configuration of the wooden beams. Frankly, I'm quite impressed with these units.

There are 5 different lighting zones within the building, all Quinetic controlled with the switches mounted on a panel at the main door, so the last person to leave simply switches everything off when exiting. I had brought a secondary Quinetic switch so the attic lights could also be controlled from the attic itself but it was decided this might lead to confusion if someone switched the lights off when descending from the attic and then the main switch at the door was switched up, thus switching the lights on again.

Anyway, this a boring post! Just so nice to get in and out with everything going to plan, for a change. I was going to add a comment about my girlfriend here, but decided against it!
(That'll be edited out!)
Very pleased to see that @littlespark had a similarly straightforward, but rare, job where things went well!
Tomorrow is day 5 of post 5 days in a row...
Not sure what I will post to keep this going...anyone fancy a recipe?
Can it be about anything? (Within reason!)
See you all soon!

Reply to #4 of my 5 a week...and not a rant this time! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net