4 pole isolator | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 4 pole isolator in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wildman

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to connect a 4 pole rotary isolator for use as a single pole isolator? Do i wire the N to the N block next to the earth or through the swithched fourth phase?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Can anyone tell me how to connect a 4 pole rotary isolator for use as a single pole isolator? Do i wire the N to the N block next to the earth or through the swithched fourth phase?

If its available use the forth pole, also i tend to run the phase through the first three poles when its single phase by putting links across this is good when switching inductive loads as it breaks at 3 point almost similtaneously.

I agree that the neutral should be switched on an isolator as it is classed as a live conductor.
'Isolation' involves disconnecting all live conductors.

Not sure why the neutral connection is provided near the earth as you say, and can only guess its used for PEN conductors?

It would be interesting to hear views.

Reply to 4 pole isolator in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Agree with Dave disconnect unused Phases on the outgoing side of the isolator. No reason to replace mcbs with single pole, unless you need room...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Better/Smart/intelligent/expensive generators require two earth spikes set ~10-15m apart. They check the resistance between spikes and will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
wth and yeah someone didn't check their work for sure
Replies
Views
By code the washing machine needs its own 20 amp single pole GFCI circuit, the dryer needs a 30 amp double pole breaker and using # 10 wire. Your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It's going to be a right kerfuffle with all the insurance claims. Especially when people claim for the brand new ipad which they had on charge at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks