600mm tile layout - will this work or look odd? Discussion Thread | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 600mm tile layout - will this work or look odd? Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net

600mm tile layout - will this work or look odd?

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project.

I have two different types of 600mm tiles i'm using in a bathroom - a white tile which will go across the floor in a straight lay pattern, this white tile will also go one tile up the wall the entire way around. Above that we have the 2nd tile - a contrasting pink, terracotta tile. Both are 600mm, but they're actually 596mm (white) 598mm (pink). My plan to run them up the wall perfectly in line is not going to be easy given the different sizes of the tiles, the grout lines just won't run straight. The floor is now already laid. I have a couple of options i think.

1) Continue the white tile up the wall 1 tile high keeping the white grout lines all straight, then switch to the pink tile and offset them half way (breaking the bond). Continuing the pink tiles up straight after the half tile break.

2) Same as above but continue in a stretcher type tile pattern with the pink. This might look strange given the straight tile run on the floor?

3) Continue up the walls in straight lines and switch to a 1mm spacer for the pink trying to keep everything as tight as possible. I could possibly widen out the white tile that goes 1 tile up the wall out 0.5mm too to try to keep them matched up as best i can.

Any advice on which option to go for which will look the best?

I've attached a few photos.

Thanks to anyone who has the time to send a comment.

Cheers, Tom

600mm tile layout - will this work or look odd? for the Original Article on Tiling Advice Forum

Reply to 600mm tile layout - will this work or look odd? Discussion Thread in the Tilers Forums - UK Tiling Forum. area at ElectriciansForums.net