70mm tri rated | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 70mm tri rated in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I need to use 70mm tri rated cabling to supply a 200a isolator which has m10 bolt terminations.
I have a standard no hydronic crimper which can do 70mm but was wondering if there is a specific crimp method to use when doing tri rated cabling of this size.
Image of my crimper attached

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] 70mm tri rated
    DE1EB973-31E7-4780-BC45-1F5EADBCA571.png
    914.7 KB · Views: 29
General stuff, make sure conductor is fully inserted, strip back enough insulation so that there is a little bit of copper exposed to allow the lug to stretch when it is crimped. Have the conductor positioned roughly where it needs to be connected before final cutting and stripping as it will lose some of its flexibility as the strands will no longer be able to slide once they are all crimped together. If the lug requires multiple crimps you should start at the bolt end and work towards the cable.

There is a lot of good information here.

Reply to 70mm tri rated in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Went into an MCCB, terminated very nicely thank you very much, however it was just me doing some training with crimping. 'introducing extra point...
Replies
Views
Just stick the 63amp fused connector before the Henley block , or Lucy block as you call it, and your all good, as for your 2nd point, , the...
Replies
Views
I can't help wondering about earthing arrangements and how important aesthetics really are when attempting to make the best of a less than ideal...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
  • Question
If it's buried ducting, have you thought about digging up a section of the buried cable close by, cutting it and pulling in a few extra meters...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't think there is a conspiracy here .. but I do think 5he sort of loadings we are talking about with things like electric boilers and single...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks