80A Fused Main Switch (KMF) | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss 80A Fused Main Switch (KMF) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I need to down rate 80A Fused Main Switch (KMF) fitted with 80amp HRC fuse to nearest rated fuse for16mm swa burried 2 core cable.
Believe this would be 63A. Can't seem to find one does anyone know best and fastest supplier or if there is one closer to the 78A max for the cable.

Do you know that the cable will take 63A? have you considered the voltage drop and installation method?
As for the fuse rating i've never heard of a 78A fuse. 63A is the nearest. Supply wise any good wholesaler should have one or be able to get one is a short space of time.

Thanks only looked online this evening so far.

25m of 16mm 2 core cable already burried direct in ground will carry 78A and supplying DB with max required demand of 63A. Voltage drop 4.41v and ok but existing 80A fuse in kmf switched fuse at orogin too high.

Thanks Des,
This fuse is only 60A with the max demand required of 63A. What is the next fuse rating to carry the full demand but not exceed the cable capacity? Thought ther was a 63A fuse?

Last edited:
Thanks only looked online this evening so far.

25m of 16mm 2 core cable already burried direct in ground will carry 78A and supplying DB with max required demand of 63A. Voltage drop 4.41v and ok but existing 80A fuse in kmf switched fuse at orogin too high.

Thanks Des,
This fuse is only 60A with the max demand required of 63A. What is the next fuse rating to carry the full demand but not exceed the cable capacity? Thought ther was a 63A fuse?

I wouldn't worry about it
If you look at the time/current charecteristics for a 1361 60 amp, even with full load of 63amp,it will take for ever and a day to blow

Reply to 80A Fused Main Switch (KMF) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net