£93.75 per hour + vat | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss £93.75 per hour + vat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Scroll to around the 22 min mark and Jordan from Artisan discusses how he is raising their hourly rate from £80 to £93.75

£800 per day , seems on the upper end of the spectrum but good luck to him for raising the bar

Thinking about Artisan raising his rates to £93 per hour , I guess if you can keep a full diary at that price then good for him.
I do 7 or 8 quotes per month at my usual rate and very few bat an eyelid at my rate , I am the same as a gas fitter / plumber in my area.
I sometimes quote a bit less than my usual rate if the job is very local and looks very easy as I make the same profit out the job at a lower rate.
It won't be long before trades in the South are all in the £100 per hour ball park , as I mentioned in the self employed thread its blooming expensive to run a legit business these days

I noticed Nagy say he has given up his office unit now as the landlord put up the rent from £30K per ann to £70K per ann and he just can't justify keeping the office unit at that rent

As I say , its blooming expensive to run a business especially in the South

That does seem a lot... But then he has a lot of overheads like playing around in front of the camera and buying a £60k van that can only travel 25miles.. But if he can get a full diary obviously enough people willing to pay it however much I would be embarrassed to try and charge that much...

What does annoy me though is his claim of being such an amazing electrician, I mean they do good work, but its the attitude of only artisan electrics will do good work, like the rest of us are doing shoddy work... We could all join his "business course", which is probably raise your prices and aim for rich customers that have more money than sense.. Obviously a lot of them around Cambridge..

What does annoy me though is his claim of being such an amazing electrician, I mean they do good work, but its the attitude of only artisan electrics will do good work, like the rest of us are doing shoddy work...

I couldn't care less what they charge and agree that, from what I've seen, they provide a decent service and turn out decent work, but that's down to the guys he employs. I didn't really watch their videos before the new guys were employed, but did watch a recent video where Jordan was on the tools and he gave the impression of having decidedly average ability where installation is concerned.

I couldn't care less what they charge and agree that, from what I've seen, they provide a decent service and turn out decent work, but that's down to the guys he employs. I didn't really watch their videos before the new guys were employed, but did watch a recent video where Jordan was on the tools and he gave the impression of having decidedly average ability where installation is concerned.
I would agree that Jordan is probably a better businessman than electrician.

Its a tricky one and Jordan touched upon it several times in this vid,

Would you rather work flat out 6 days per week for £200 per day OR work just 3 days per week at £400 per day ?

For many years I feared turning down work and ended up rushing around like a mad man sometimes 7 day a week because I was so cheap and didn't like to turn anything away

Jump forwards 20 years , I am more financially stable and am happy to prioritise the more profitable jobs and turn down the jobs that want it doing 'on the cheap'

I reckon Jordan has reached a stage in his business journey that he can turn away the grotty 2 grand rewires and focus on the nice money spinners like EV installs and board changes etc

Well that makes my wages look kind of pathetic! If I was self employed I don't think I'm good enough to charge that much!

Haha nor is artisan but your not paying for artisan electrics the electricians your paying for artisan electrics the youtube celebrity electricians... That comes with a price tag, and apparently enough people are stupid enough to pay those prices. #youtubefamous..

Its like having the latest fancy car on the drive, to be able to say look on youtube, Artisan electrics did my car charger, its like a status symbol, and when you look at it from that point of view rather than the actual job then skys the limit to what he can charge..

I think I've said this before on this forum, but it's the 'Farrow and Ball effect' with Artisan Electrics.

Ask the middle classes why they demand farrow and ball paint. They'll tell you that it's the best paint, it has to be - you get what you pay for after all. Of course, it's not, any decorator will tell you it's average paint at best, but it's marketed and priced as if it really is the best paint on this planet.

Same thing with Artisan - they present themselves well, price themselves high, and that's all they need to do. Their wealthy clients will assume they're getting what they pay for. And fair play to Jordan, if he can charge that sort of money, then good on him.

I'd say 'reassuringly expensive', but that was how stella artois was marketed when it wanted to distance itself from its other AKA "wife beater".

You have to charge what you need to keep your business running and make a decent living, and there will always be geographic areas where a high price is acceptable, and some where a much lower hourly rate is the norm. Some folk pay £60 to have the dog groomed...
In a previous life, people used to baulk at my hourly rate, but it had to be high because the overheads were high too. They didn't have a clue about what it cost to run my business, so whoever was cheapest got the job.
I won't expand on this because it's far too complicated, but Joe Bloggs who was my competition for a sector of my business had hardly any overheads apart from rent and rates...I had to have PI insurance and the premium was over 30K/year. You need a good hourly rate to cover that...
Anyway...in other news...did anyone else celebrate Pi day today?

I suppose his hourly rate is immaterial,if we do not know his costs,debts and outgoings......could be poorer than that Russian window cleaner,with a contract with McDonalds.....

Turnover for vanity - profit for sanity 😃

I was heading for hideous wealth,with me newly patented "Z front" male underpants ......a big improvement on the old "Y" fronts....just got delivery of 36,000- pairs from Thailand.....then i seen a Russian tank on the news......oh well 🙄

Haha nor is artisan but your not paying for artisan electrics the electricians your paying for artisan electrics the youtube celebrity electricians... That comes with a price tag, and apparently enough people are stupid enough to pay those prices. #youtubefamous..

Its like having the latest fancy car on the drive, to be able to say look on youtube, Artisan electrics did my car charger, its like a status symbol, and when you look at it from that point of view rather than the actual job then skys the limit to what he can charge..
Maybe the YouTube thing is a part of it, but there are plenty of other electricians charging similar rates who are not on YouTube.
It's all down to marketing and knowing your market.

Reply to £93.75 per hour + vat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net