A bit of advice please | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss A bit of advice please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Hincapie

First post and I would appreciate a bit of advice if anyone has the time.
I am currently serving in the British Army as an electronics technician, and have recently signed off, so I have just under a year to get my life in order before rejoining civvi street.
I have been in the army and done an advanced modern apprenticeship, gaining a level 3 NVQ in Engineering Maintenance (electronic)(1688). I am looking to increase my jobs prospects when I leave and was tempted by the domestic electrician courses that are advertised all over the internet.
My questions are;
Are they worth the money?
Would I actually be able to get a job as an electrician after completing the course?
Cheers in advance

An example of the sites I have been looking at
Domestic Electrician Training Courses, Domestic Electrician Course, Domestic Installer Training, Electrical Training 4U

Short answer is no to both questions mate. These courses will relieve you of several thousand pounds and not give you a great deal in return. Your best bet would be to list the quals you have and we can compare them to what is needed in civvy street and advise you from there.
I think you're in a fairly good place already with what you've posted so far

Reply to A bit of advice please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

L
  • Article
Electrician Help with understanding NVQ Help with understanding NVQ Hi. Ive been training to be an electrician as a career change for the past...
Replies
Views
lew_mcc
L
  • Question
Totally agree! - exact reason I mentioned our local college to contact!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Dave, Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate the info, I haven't updated this post yet, but I have since been talking to some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I did the homestudy level 2 and level 3. You're on premesis for 4 weeks for level 2 and 3 1/2 weeks for level 3 broken up over the time you take...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
An NVQ is a vocational qualification and is based upon your work experience and what you put into your portfolio for your assessor to judge you...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks