A Question of Diversity | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss A Question of Diversity in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been asked to install 5 hand dryers in a club type environment. (3 in one room, 1 each in two adjecent rooms) I've been looking at some of the automatic types which recon to run for 15 sec but I would have thought 30sec more appropriate, and I would guess the period between use, at the greatest would be say every 20 seconds. So a duty cycle of 60%

What kind of diversity factor should I apply and how would I justify it?

Or should I just use that in the book? but which one? 9. Standard Filnal Circuits, or 2 Heating and power? and do I class it as a small shop or a small Hotel?

Thanks for any inputs.

A bit off track! but.....

Have you considered a Dyson Airblade? Expensive, but very effective and only 1.6Kw (ish, I think) might keep your load down a bit and you only operate it for about 10-20 secs with completely dry hands.

We have them fitted at work and they do work.

A bit off track! but.....

Have you considered a Dyson Airblade? Expensive, but very effective and only 1.6Kw (ish, I think) might keep your load down a bit and you only operate it for about 10-20 secs with completely dry hands.

We have them fitted at work and they do work.

He said it is a club type enviroment not an office, after a few drinks you'll get idiots trying to rip them off the wall.

Dyson Airblade - fitted 2 last night and made the mistake of not cleaing up, drill debris and general brick dust fallen into dryer, stuck my hand in to have a go as you do and got covered in brick dust , walking around like the tango man

Allowance for diversity to be applied to an individual shop, store, office or small business premises.

Heating appliances .......................... 100 % F.L. of the largest appliance plus 75 % F.L. of the remaining appliances.

Regards

Dichroic

Reply to A Question of Diversity in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net