A storage heater on 2 phases. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss A storage heater on 2 phases. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

mattg4321

-
Arms
V.Nearly Esteemed
Reaction score
Just looked at a job and the storage heater has a peak and off peak supply to it. These are on different phases.

There is a label on it to warn of this. Not something I’ve seen before though and feels wrong but probably almost inevitable in commercial buildings with storage heaters.

Thoughts.

Its maybe impossible to reconfigure the circuits so every heater is individually on the same phase across night and day supplies.

I wonder if there was anything in the original instruction manual about it? (doubtful)

are the connections inside the heater rated for 400v, or only 230?

Its maybe impossible to reconfigure the circuits so every heater is individually on the same phase across night and day supplies.

I wonder if there was anything in the original instruction manual about it? (doubtful)

are the connections inside the heater rated for 400v, or only 230?

No idea. They want to me to quote to replace.

Suppose I may have to contact dimplex and ask them whether or not this is acceptable for their current storage heaters

Hi

Just wondered if you spoke to Dimplex about this? And what the outcome was.

John
They didn’t recommend it was done. I priced (high!) to re arrange the circuits so that no storage heater had more than one phase supplying it. Needless to say I didn’t get the job. Which suited me just fine!

Reply to A storage heater on 2 phases. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net