Ac Syncrounous Motor | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Ac Syncrounous Motor in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lux1

This is an unusual post but bear with me. I have an Astronomical Telescope and am making a tracking mount for it to follow celestial objects. I have brought a couple of Crouzet synchronous motors, specs are 220/240volt, 50Hz, 3 watt and 1/10rpm, very very slow which is perfect.

However I fit synchronous motors into heating zone valves all the time and they have just 2 wires, one to neutral and the other to the live supply for the motor. No capaitor required.

The motor I have brought has 3 wires, can somebody shed some light on how to wire it in safely? I'm guessing that perhaps it needs a capacitor across 2 of the wires to start it? I will also attach an earth as an unearthed 240volt motor on a steel tripod is a recipe for a disaster.

Wires are grey, orange and black. Motors are secondhand with no instructions off internet.

If a capacitor is required what value would be suitable for the motor? Many thanks.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Ac Syncrounous Motor
    motor2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 15
Hello, I think you will need a 0.1 microfarad, 500 volt rated capacitor, as these things are normally direction controlled by the cap wiring-have you tried the Crouzet website, should be something similar on there.

Reply to Ac Syncrounous Motor in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Thanks for that, you learn something new almost every day! Regards Griffey
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would agree that the motor is by far the best part to replace. if it is powered and not turning then it is broken. Keep it simple!
Replies
Views
I posted a month ago regarding a single phase motor + panel I have been given to try and sort following water damage to the panel. The assembly...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the good info guys, it helps me work out how to connect the machine. Mostly i am inclined to simply replace both 3 phase motors with...
  • Gareth Blackstock
  • Australia
Replies
Views
  • Question
If the motor starts normally, the capacitor is probably correctly connected but might be faulty and breaking down when subjected to working...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks