Acid | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Acid in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Edd

Got a call from a sparks that was sent to quote for a PIR on a comercial building. Standard 3 phase setup, but they have a room where they use nitric acid for etching printing plates.
Now I play with this stuff as a hobby, and I keep it in glass bottles, but the fumes eat into everything. In this case the room has Galv conduit feeding sockets that have rusted,(conduit as well) and a vapour proof fluorescent fitting that has perished by the fumes. The PIR will fail on other stuff that Ive got no Problems quoteing to fix, but what can I recomend to be fitted in this area! they have only a window as venterlation.
My first guess is to improve venterlation, but they still need light and power in the area..
Thanks
Ed

Would have thought it would be some kind of filtered extraction as i dont think you would want those fumes going through a live piece of electrical equipment or being sent out in the air if it is that corrosive.
Is this from storage or usage that the fumes are coming from as surely they are stored sealed if they follow coshh.

Plus with a forced air system, any contaminated air is greatly diluted so to speak before being extracted...
Like battery rooms, the ventilation system needs to be run continuously where a permanent storage volume is present...

Thanks guys, I thought some form of better venterlation would be needed but then thought of all that acid fumes passing by a fan would damage it. but with the forced air idea thats somthing i never even thought about. thx

Worked well for the analytical lab’s at work and my home darkroom. (It even meant I could filter the air forced in, not needed for your application. Essential in a darkroom).

Reply to Acid in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks