Additional consumer Unit | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Additional consumer Unit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

EddieB

-
Arms
Reaction score
Boys
I want to add a little builders consumer unit next to the main board, an RCD main switch and 2 x 32a CB's what size tails will I get away with? 25mm is not practicle given the size of the unit. I was thinking on the lines of 16mm. Is there a reg that governs this scenario

I'd agree with Mark. And to be honest, I wouldn't even consider anything else.
If it's not possible with the current consumer unit. I'd fit a slightly larger sub board and move one of the other circuits over. Something low draw like a lighting circuit.

The possible loading on the tails is limited to the combined size of the mcbs hence 64amps so 16mm tails is fine and we all know the circuits are not going to be loaded to the top anyway.
Its the same as a seperate shower board where you can feed it in 10mm tails because the 40/45a mcb limits the load that can be pulled through the tails.

Reply to Additional consumer Unit in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net