Additional Consumer units. | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Additional Consumer units. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

pritch

-
Reaction score
Going to be starting work soon for a company who never change the main board if extra circuits required they just put a small 2 way next to the existing board.The way I would do this would be to spilt the tails and use henly blocks,In some cases this way cant be possible so which other methods would people use?

Well there could be a spare way in the consumer unit but if your working on old wylex 3036 boards then you are limited by the size of the protection device you can use ie 40amps.

I have seen on several occasions smaller cables doubled up into the main CU double pole switches, which IMO is not the greatest of practices as so many things can go wrong with that.

I've even seem again smaller cables coming out direct from the load side of the meter, Again not a prefered way.

Really it's either Henly block or a spare way in the CU IMO

The place I'm working at at the moment has a 16mm t&e ran off the 100DP switch in a 12way CU, it runs 30m to feed another 10way CU which has a number of RFC, lighting, heating, and the laundry room fed from it..

The customer has asked me what the constant buzzin from the fuse board is..

I would not advise this is the best way to do things..

Spare way in CU or ideally henly blocks if it were me.

Reply to Additional Consumer units. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net