additional cu | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss additional cu in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

waynelester

hi can anyone give me some advice,an old terraced house has an extension on the back which is to become kitchen.the main cu is in the lounge some twenty metres away.i have to get a power supply to provide three circuits.a ring main for the sockets 32a,al lighting circuit for lighting 6a,and a circuit for a garden shed.to save running too many cables back to the main cu i intended to install a small cu unit ,4 way,inthe new kitchen area to the existing cu,is this acceptable and what size cable would you reccomend also what size breaker should it connect to in the exsting cu.any advice greatly appreciated

As widdler said, calculate existing and additional current demand to make sure there's scope for additions and go from there.

Size your sub-main and PD's according to the the demand of the additional load.

Reply to additional cu in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net