Additional earth rods...... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Additional earth rods...... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rocker

Morning chaps, I've come across a situation a few times with a TN-S supply with an additional earth rod banged in, presumably to get figures down to a satisfactory level, and I have always treated these as TN-S, earthing means-distributors facility with a little note saying about the earth rod. I was speaking to a DNO guy yesterday who reckons that we should be calling them TT installations, with a little note to say it's also connected to distributors facility. Is he talking so much round objects, or have I messed up several certificates? Cheers.

Hi rocker ive come across this same thing on several ocasions but have been told that it may have been an old TT supply but the Rods have not been removed when it changed to TNS , what i have done is to disconnect the Rod and take a Ze reading as you would with a normal TNS if the test is ok the leave the Rod disconnected ,Ran this through the tech guys at elecsa and it was fine to do this

Reply to Additional earth rods...... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
I’ve just mentioned those John ward videos on another thread. he is brilliant. the only problem I have with this particular video is he...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Youre in the same boat as me. I was previously with niceic and later on, napit. No issues. I didn't bother finishing my nvq3 as in 2010 during the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Dave Yes i agree it is a little vague, although it is dealt with in the various guidance documents. Maybe i should of worded it better, 10 kW...
Replies
Views
GEOFF S
G
  • Question
I have been reading a little about TN-C-S and T-N-S and I understand what is going on generally. I understand TT systems OK. I have read...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks