advice for moving of plant | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss advice for moving of plant in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

ngriff

Hi looking for a few pointers.ive been asked to move an existing setup up involving four production machines to another unit.Ineed to ensure that the new unit has the capacity to run the plant with no issues.I'm looking for some general advice please.

The way i was going to approach it was to monitor the power consumption currently in amps then convert it to KVa then phone the supply company to see if the supply seemed sufficient.How i will carry this out is still undecided as i was only asked yesterday afternoon and its been a few years since college :D

any advice welcome

ok after a little more thinking time.the supply is 100 KvA according to the supply authority.all the machinery is fed from one board so if i monitor each phase when the plant is running i can take an amp reading then add the phases together and then convert to kva?

is this sounding along the right lines to you guys?

any advice welcome

thanks for the reply

no the machinery is all old and has been modified since being manufactured so data plates if present are null and void

no everything works fine,i'm the onsite spark but ive been asked to move the existing set up to a new building.as it stands im going to take an amp reading off each phase when everything is running,add them altogether then convert to Kva.if im in on the stated 100 kva of the new building then great.if not i will be hiring a mini digger and coming from the sub lol

can anyone see if theres something wrong with what im planning?

ok so what i have done is,made all the machinery run over,then took an amp reading on each phase at the corresponding dis board.i added the amps from the three phases together then converted to kva using AV/1000.

id really appreciate someone telling me if ive approached this right because from the above method i am over so will have to dig a massive trench and feed the building with a new sub main from the substation.

Any help appreciated

i wouldn't add your 3 amp readings, theoretically the should be the same, so one reading multiplied by voltage multiplied by the square root of 3. that should give you your kVA rating for 3phase supply.

Reply to advice for moving of plant in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net