advice needed please | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss advice needed please in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

matt w

The main switch RCD in my house has been tripping approx every 6-8 hours since the early hours of sat no individual circuit breakers are tripping at the same time! There have been no changes to any of the electrics, any ideas what could be causing this??
thanks in advance

It could be any number of things ie water in an outside lightor an item you have like a fridge ect or a fault in the wiring. Best advice is get an electrician round as he will have the proper test gear to Find and rectify this for you.

many things could be wrong, need it testing im afraid. earth leakage from a fridge etc. post up your city/town and someone will be able to help you out. ps have you had any changes to your house? put up a shelf, picture, other work men in?

Thanks everyone. Have traced it back to the hot tub. The normal cycle does not cause it to trip but when the blower kicks in for its cycle every few hours it cause the trip. Any advice? cheers

Get it tested, water and electricity and all that. Best make sure that everything is in order. May be earth leakage on the start up.

Reply to advice needed please in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

N
  • Article
New build flood The bottom house of our new build flooded, clear clean water with no smell or noise to indicate a burst pipe and it was a large...
Replies
Views
Nic161
N
A
  • Article
Cold water flowing back into hot feed. Hi, I'd be grateful for some advice please. Every 12- 18 months I have a problem with cold water flowing...
Replies
Views
Askey
A
I don’t see an rcd here. Is it elsewhere, supplying this board? It looks like it’s in a garage… is there excessive moisture getting into...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: ADVICE for young plumber required please staffs/midlands Content of the thread: hi all, posting on behalf of my...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Mystery Mira Elite QT Leak Content of the thread: Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks