Advice on power supply needed | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Advice on power supply needed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fizzyfizz

Hi, hope someone here may be able to help. I need a bit of help identifying if I have the correct power adaptor or not.

The adaptor is for an old keyboard.
The link below shows a picture which illustrates the 3 things I need to check:
http://www.fizzywack.webspace.virginmedia.com/power.jpg

The power supply has settings for different voltages. At the moment it is set to 12.
The wire lead has a + sign next to the word 'TIP'

Can anyone advise if this adaptor would be ok for the keyboard? Do I need to slide the switch on the adaptor to 9 maybe?

THANKS

Thanks bomjac. Does it matter which way round the '+' and '-' are on the lead as the actual end of it (the metal bit that fits into the keyboard) unplugs from the cable and could go either way.

Hi mate,

Looking at your pictures your keyboard requires that the inner(center) contact be negative(-) and the outer contact be positive.

You need to connect the end-plug (the bit that goes in the keyboard), to the cable so that it gives this result.
The end-plug and cable should each be marked.:)

Hope that helps.

Reply to Advice on power supply needed in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net