Advice please, which MFT is the best out ofFluke or Megger? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Advice please, which MFT is the best out ofFluke or Megger? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N6rul

-
Reaction score
I can't make my mind up regarding which tester to buy I have a budget of £600 can push to £800, but I would like one which comes with everything ie, wander cable, all test leads and software to help manage me keep a record. I'm about to do my written exam for the 2394. But I need practice on speed for the assessment. If anyone has access to a 3 phase board, I'm willing to pay £100, to get me upto speed for teaching me. Anyone up for it, around Luton area. :sick::sick:

Wish I could help you with regards to the 3 phase board but it's a bit far to come over to Saudi so I wish you luck with that. All I can say is honestly don't sweat it too much. The one good thing about the 3 phase board on the rig, it's fairly empty with just the 230v supply to the 2nd CU, the 3 phase supply to the motor socket and if I remember correctly a couple of small 230v socket and light circuits.

It is not going to be like real life where you can open a board and be faced with a rats nest of circuits. Make sure you isolate and take pains to lock off the breaker. Remember your PSCC and PFCE is taken on each phase as is the Ze.

As for meters well there is little really to choose between either the Megger or Fluke IMO. Whatever one you get make sure you check the forum sponsor for deals they have, and they offer us members discount as well

The best advice I can give you is to try before you buy, because like most tools it's largely down to person preference, what's right for you may well not suit me. Unfortunately there isn't a universal best tester, despite what you may have heard or read, they all have their quirks which may or may not suit you.

Both are excellent, i prefer Fluke, but i cant say why, cos i dont know. Having used both extensively, then either are worth the money, it is down to your own preference.

Cheers............Howard

Used both, amd they each have different features and ways of doing the same things that I like. But in the end when I had to fork out my own money I went for the Megger but the 1720 model as it does everything I need to do at the moment and it was the best value for money.

Reply to Advice please, which MFT is the best out ofFluke or Megger? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net