advice | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dingledong

i have to join cable together but the join will be in water in a pond ! any one used any good products out there that will last ? it has to go under the water unfortunately

needs to be a IP68 rated joint. once did one, soldered , heat shrink, then encapsulated in epoxy resin. last i heard , it was still working 10 years on.

You might try self amalgamating tape.
Its fine for being left out in the rain, but I wouldn't totally trust it under water.
Having said that I have a couple of joints that have sat in a lake for the last couple of years without any problems.
Confused? Well its all a matter assessing the risk and knowing the product. Some amalgamating tape works better than others
Probably, better to use a torpedo (usually work quite well underwater as long as you can see it coming !) then immersed in resin.

Last edited:

Reply to advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

E
  • Article
Replace a water tap Hello, I have to replace the kitchen's water tap. I am attaching images (*.img) of the under sink existing pipe connections...
Replies
Views
Erico19
E
  • Question
The RCB was only just put in. The board was last week and yes we have the cert already. The new board was not only because of the tripping but...
Replies
Views
L
  • Article
Hot water issue with combi boiler I have a combi boiler, the hot water to my bath and taps upstairs is hot and stays hot, aswell as the hot tap in...
Replies
Views
Lotte29
L
M
  • Article
Heat pump hot water cylinder Has anyone fit one of these? A hot water cylinder with a mini heat pump on top with ducts for air in and out. Heat...
Replies
Views
Matt0029
M
  • Solved
Please use the like button to thank, like or whatever. As the forum treats that as a positive message then and uses it to score members.
    • Optimistic
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks