Alternate junction box? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Alternate junction box? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dxb2013

Good evening. I need to put a single spur off a single 13A socket. The original parent socket won't be used and will be hidden behind a wardrobe. I need the spur connection or junction box to be very slimline because there isn't enough room behind the wardrobe.

So...is it possible to use a flex outlet as the junction box to keep the connection pretty slimline and then run the spur from this? This is what I was thinking...

http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/british-general-20a-flex-outlet-plate-white/21114?filtered=true

Thanks for your help

Thanks, I wasnt planning on moving the wardrobes but I guess ill have to account for this.
I guess I can cut a hole in the back for access to the fuse panel.

Do you mean with a standard Choc box? That was my inital thought but wanted an expert opinion...
More than happy to do that!

MF stands for Maintenance Free, these are joints using special cable connections that do not require to be accessed for testing and maintenance purposes and as tel suggests it could be a good compromise in your situe if the wardrobe is more of a permanent fixture.

Cheers guys great help, if I go for a 6 port Wago connector will this be ok to put the 6 wires in (two L, two N and two E)? Or do I need Two three ports or all singles? Looks like a great option then just a blanking plate with a hole in for the cable out?

Appreciate your help, want to make sure i do this properly

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys great help, if I go for a 6 port Wago connector will this be ok to put the 6 wires in? Or do I need Two three ports or all singles? Looks like a great option then just a blanking plate with a hole in for the cable out?

Appreciate your help, want to make sure i do this properly

I would strongly recommend employing the services of a qualified electrician, you're heading for a loud bang with a possibility of a fire or electric shock at the moment. You don't need any holes in the blank plate as the holes will be in the backbox.

Reply to Alternate junction box? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net