Any advice for a young spark | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Any advice for a young spark in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there good evening.
my name is Adam and I'm from St Helens and I have just completed my apprenticeship and I'm just waiting for NVQ cert and gold card.
i received a letter from work the other day and there looking into redundancies well they have offered Voluntary first. They say no one is at risk of loosing there job yet but I think other wise especially in my case I cost nothing to get rid of.
any way I was just making this post if anybody has any advice about going out in the big bad world and getting another job be it cards in or agency I don't care a job is a job at the end of the day. So if any one has any advice or contacts like agencies it would be great fully appreciated
ps if you've read my essay thank you :D

reagrds
Adam

It's a tax number for being self employed. Which you can claim back eac h year , but does mean aswell you can be on the phone all the time trying to line up work for when jobs finish.. It's called on your own lol

Hi farmelectrics thank you for your post. Your right that is the most important thing the gold card. I don't really want to leave but if I do get made redundant I just wanted to be prepared if you get what I mean thanks again tho pal ill keep that site in mind

"just completed my apprenticeship"

Your real training has only just started. Give it another couple of years before branching out.

Agreed -

When you say it will 'cost them nothing' to get rid of you, that's not strictly true - they have invested in your apprenticeship.

They are probably hoping older staff (close to retirement) will take up the voluntary offer - remember they have to send the letters to everyone.

I would stick it out, get a bit more exp before the big bad world!

Hi hawkmoon thanks for your reply that's what I hope happens because the employ I work for are good and have been good to me
as has been said....
they will be wanting shut of all the old men....
they may keep one or two back for the experience factor around sites etc...but its all about how fast you are on your pins.....they aint gonna want this around site...:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Any advice for a young spark

not good for company image....(older members in here take note)...

at least you have got your apprenticeship Adam....so no-one can accuse you of this...:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Any advice for a young spark

Reply to Any advice for a young spark in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net